8. PetSafe Basic
The included lightweight collar of the PetSafe Basic (appx. $135) is light enough to fit dogs as small as 10 pounds without causing them any trouble. The transmitter unit features a built-in surge protector, so you don’t have to worry about your fence going down from a power spike.
- Can create interior keep out areas
- Not suitable for stubborn breeds
- Installation is time consuming
7. FunAce KD-661
The FunAce KD-661 (around $169) can be used to create a barrier for multiple dogs and is suitable for animals ranging from 10 pounds to well over 100 pounds. It has a safety feature that prevents it from shocking your pup for more than 54 seconds at a time.
- Available in black or white
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Susceptible to interference
6. FunAce 007T
The wire of the FunAce 007T (about $139) can be hidden underground or set up above ground if you don’t feel like digging up hundreds of feet of your yard. The included collar is rechargeable and lasts roughly one week before the battery dies.
- Thick single strand copper wire
- Customizable layout
- Collar often needs to be trimmed
5. SportDog SDF-100A
The SportDog SDF-100A (about $250) is an in-ground model that comes with 100 flags you can use to mark the perimeter, giving your dog a visual indication of the invisible barrier so they can learn not to approach it. The 20-gauge wire is durable enough to last for years to come.
- Four levels of static correction
- Transmitter is wall-mountable
- Collar has a low-battery indicator
4. PetSafe Stay+Play PIF00
The sleek and portable PetSafe Stay+Play PIF00 (appx. $299) creates a safe place for your pet whether at home or on the road. The rechargeable collar has five levels of static correction, plus a tone-only mode to effectively teach your pet to stay within the border.
- Collar charge lasts for three weeks
- Short and long hair contact points
- Only creates a circular barrier
3. Extreme 1D500FT
The Extreme 1D500FT (appx. $260) comes with anywhere from 500 to 5,000 feet of wire, so there is a model to fit yards of all sizes. It is manufactured in America to ensure that it always provides a safe and consistent level of correction.
- Isn’t affected by weather
- Can add unlimited number of collars
- Lifetime wire warranty
2. iHobby RC Landbow
The iHobby RC Landbow (around $97) can be set to create a perimeter from 49 to 492 feet and comes at a bargain price point that anyone can appreciate. The perimeter size is displayed on the LCD in a zero to one hundred percent measurement.
- Vibration warning
- A training mode
- Collar is completely waterproof
1. PetSafe Containment System
The PetSafe Containment System (appx. $248) allows you to adjust the boundary range up to 1/2 an acre, making this great for the open space around the house, or it can be lowered down to five feet for those weekend camping trips. Overlap it with another system for even wider coverage.
- Fits neck sizes from 6 to 28 inches
- System is completely portable
- Collar battery lasts up to one month