10. TK Care Pro Ultimate Brace
The TK Care Pro Ultimate Brace (appx. $32) claims to help correct spinal alignment within 14 days and provides a large support area, though that makes it far from discreet. As a result, it’s not the best option for those wanting to wear it under clothing without anyone knowing.
- Won’t interfere with movement
- Flattens the stomach
- Some find it difficult to put on
9. NMT Lumbar Belt
If your pain is in your lower back, the NMT Lumbar Belt (around $40) may help, as it keeps the base of your spine in proper alignment. It also uses magnets to promote better circulation, which is scientifically dubious, at best, but some people swear by them.
- Includes a magnetic therapy e-book
- Good for heavy lifting
- Sizing guideline is off a bit
8. Anoopsyche Adjustable
The Anoopsyche Adjustable (about $18) comes in sizes ranging from small to extra large to ensure there is one to fit every body type. Its light grey color makes it slightly less noticeable under thin or light-colored clothing than the typical black models.
- Detachable shoulder pads
- Two-year replacement warranty
- Should be washed by hand
7. Truweo PCBB
The Truweo PCBB (around $20) has thick straps with soft, rounded edges that won’t dig into the skin. It is easy to adjust to help you achieve a comfortable fit, and utilizes strong Velcro to keep it in place as you go about your activities.
- Perforated to enhance breathability
- Produces results quickly
- Material can bunch up at the d-ring
6. Bigzzia Adjustable Spine
The Bigzzia Adjustable Spine (appx. $20) is a well-made option with strong X-box stitching and long-lasting Velcro attachments. In addition to not being too big and bulky, it has small perforations on the straps to help prevent perspiration.
- Doesn’t hinder arm movement
- Includes soft armpit pads
- Dries quickly after washing
5. Lumo Lift
Barely noticeable, the Lumo Lift (appx. $125) is a smart choice for someone who wants to be mindful of slouching throughout the day without anyone knowing they are wearing some kind of device. It uses sensors to monitor your body’s position and alerts you if you stoop.
- Provides instant haptic feedback
- Stores up to 4 weeks of data locally
- Syncs with ios and android devices
4. XNature Three-Bar
In addition to being made of a breathable material, the XNature Three-Bar (about $20) is perforated with small and large holes to promote airflow. Its stabilizers help to keep your back straight, and they are conveniently removable for machine washing.
- Reinforced x-box stitching
- Suitable for adults and children
- Quick and easy fit adjustments
3. Berlin & Daughter Back Support Brace
The Berlin & Daughter Back Support Brace (appx. $30) can be worn in two ways, each of which varies how much it pulls on your shoulders. Most find it very easy to put on, as you simply slip your arms through it and close the Velcro strap around your sternum or stomach.
- Comes in four sizes
- Made of a soft and stretchy material
- Doesn’t ride up when you move
2. Marakym Clavicle
The Marakym Clavicle (about $20) is a good choice if you live in a warm climate or are prone to perspiring, since it utilizes very slim straps crafted from breathable neoprene to help keep your back straight. It comes with a carrying bag to store it in when not in use.
- Can be worn under or over clothes
- 100-percent money-back guarantee
- Includes bonus kinesiology tape
1. Upright Go 2
The Upright Go 2 (appx. $94) is a discreet device that works differently from the traditional straps that hold you in place. Instead, it gently vibrates every time you slouch, making you more conscious of your body’s position and training you to sit or stand straighter.
- Sensitivity is adjustable
- Tracks your progress on an app
- Helps develop healthy habits