10. Core Coasters
If you’re looking for something to push you to the limit, then Core Coasters (around $38) might be just the ticket. These patented roller-slider hybrids have three sturdy rubber casters and hidden catches, so they can be paired with resistance bands for those who need extra stability.
- Tough polypropylene construction
- Rated for over 300 pounds
- Can cause injury if used improperly
9. Fila Accessories Total Glute
You’ll be ready to hit the beach with confidence after you spend some quality time with the Fila Accessories Total Glute (around $34). The five pieces will help you target your hips, thighs, and rear, with an exercise guide to get you started.
- Good for a variety of surfaces
- Two resistance bands
- Thigh toner could be stronger
8. Synergee Power Pink
It’s not always easy to stick with a new exercise program, so if you are not yet sure whether core training is for you, consider the Synergee Power Pink (about $13). They’re about as inexpensive as you can expect to find, so if you quit, you won’t be out too much.
- Also available in plain black
- 7-inch diameter
- Feet can slip off
7. Aesthetics Box Sliders Fitness
Not only do you get two double-sided discs with the Aesthetics Box Sliders Fitness (appx. $8), but you also receive a resistance band with integrated ankle straps. When you use these pieces together, you’ll definitely feel the burn, whether you’re at home or in the gym.
- Packaged in attractive box
- Money-back satisfaction guarantee
- Don’t slide as smoothly as some
6. ValSlide Discs
Created by celebrity trainer Valerie Waters, the elongated, electric green ValSlide Discs (around $30) offer ultra-soft, thick padding, and are ideal for intensifying routine moves, such as mountain climbers and planks, in addition to stretching and toning a host of body parts.
- Well-suited to knees as well
- Include a mesh drawstring bag
- More expensive than similar options
5. Gliding Individual Kit
Unlike many, the two pieces in the Gliding Individual Kit (about $12) aren’t reversible and made for a variety of surfaces. Instead, they have a smooth side that works only on carpet and a textured side that keeps your feet and hands from slipping while in use.
- Eye-catching purple color
- Very inexpensive
- Best with low-pile carpeting
4. Borchent Low Impact
If you suffer from aching joints or injuries and require a gentle, but effective, option for your home gym, you’ll appreciate the Borchent Low Impact (about $17), which are designed to provide twice the resistance of similar products to prevent injuries.
- Work on carpet and hard floors
- Come with 5 resistance bands
- Bands can’t take a lot of abuse
3. Elite Sportz Full Body
Straightforward and effective, the Elite Sportz Full Body (around $10) are suitable for most floor types and feature foam padding that won’t scratch your hardwood or linoleum. The company provides helpful how-to videos, so there’s no guesswork when it comes to using them.
- Complement strength training well
- One-year warranty
- Take them to the gym or on vacation
2. Sklz Slidez
A solid selection for advanced fitness buffs, the Sklz Slidez (appx. $30) offer plush, ergonomic treads and can clip together for bilateral training. They will let you challenge your upper and lower body while moving easily across any surface.
- Court and standard options
- Help to increase flexibility
- Made for the long haul
1. Iron Core Ultimate
The Iron Core Ultimate (around $8) are among the lightest options available, weighing less than most competitors and with a thinner construction, so they are great for travel. They come bundled with both a handy downloadable PDF and paper training booklet.
- Especially effective for abs
- Perfect for daily workouts
- Choice of several colors